viernes, 30 de diciembre de 2011

A country i would like to visit: Iceland

Today i'm gonna write about a country i would love to visit: Iceland. This country cought my attention some years ago, after i heard a music group called Sigur Rós. The music they play is very special and intimate, and i liked it a lot, so i looked for more information about them and i finded out they come from there. After that, i searched for more information about iceland's musical movement and i catched up with amazing musicians, like Múm, Amiina, and Björk, among others.
Along with that, this year i found out that this country has been developing a very intresting political and social process, in wich the people that lives there had being desaproving the goverment for some time, so they took over it. Then they started a constitutional assembly, in which they started making laws along with their intrests, in oposition with the constitution that operated before this, that responded to the powerfull people's intrests only.
I would like to see more closely this process, and also be able to interact with some of the musicians from there. If i lived there, i wouldn't like to study there... I would devote myself to play music, and share my music with the iceland's musical circuit, to see if we could learn from each other.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow! I did`t know nothing about Iceland but i think the process there are lives is amazing, go to see it and tell me!

    See you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I saw a documentary about Iceland and its default economy. Its name is Inside Job. I recommend it!!

    ResponderEliminar